Monday, September 20, 2010

Two Weeks Done!

I can't believe how fast two weeks flew by!

Our sight words for our 2nd week of school were: "I" and "can". We learned a poem called "Yes, I Can!" to help us learn these words.
*One thing you can do at home to help your student is to point them out when you find them in something you are reading. Simply point to the word and ask your student if they can read it. It is OK if they can't, just give them a reminder. Seeing our new words in many different places will help students recall and identify faster.

We learned a new "Days of the Week" song. It is sung to the melody of "Oh, My Darlin, Oh, My Darlin, Oh, My Darlin, Clementine". (It starts with Sunday and is repeated twice.) We have also continued to work on memorizing our "Months of the Year" song.

In math we worked on learning our left and our right. This is tricky! We learned to make an "L" and "R" in sign language and hold them up in our respective hands.


Any time you are handing something to your student you can practice this. Ask, can I put this is your left/right hand? If they don't get it on the first try just correct them and keep practicing!

Tuesday, September 21- Friday, September 24th will be APPLE week!
We have many apple activities planned including:
  • coloring an apple book
  • cutting and pasting to make an apple
  • painting with apples
  • making applesauce and eating it
I am very excited for the week to come! It is my hope that you got to spend all weekend resting up and having fun with your friends and families!

See you on Tuesday!
Mrs. Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment