Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The End of the Qtr.

This week is the last week in quarter one! Time is flying by! As Mrs. Samuelson wrote in her newsletter: "This time of year is one of my favorites. The kids are growing in more ways than one! I am sure you can see the growth in their reading skills, as well as their mathematical thinking. Their creativity is developing and they are beginning to think "outside the box." Be VERY proud parents, you deserve it!" I agree 100%! I am so impressed with how fast we are learning new skills and information!
Our Reading Goal: Write the letters Aa, Mm, Ss and correctly name the sounds and identify each letter.
Our Sight Word Goal: I, we, can, the, like
Our Math Goal: We will correctly count and write 0,1,2,3,4,5.
We started a new unit in reading!
Books that we are bringing home to read with you during this unit are:

11/2- "I Can"
11/3- "I Like"
11/5- " We Like Sam"
11/10- "I Am"
11/11- "I Like"
11/17- "We Like"
11/19- "We Like"

The first quarter has come to a close and we are starting to work on second quarter skills. Please continue to work with your child on counting, naming letters and writing their name. Remember if you have any questions please contact me!
Jessica Patterson
320-532-6732
jpatterson@onamia.k12.mn.us
or
Cara Samuelson
320-532-6735
csamuelson@onamia.k12.mn.us

THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment